Strategic selling for speakers, trainers, and coaches
The Pretoria PSASA chapter was treated to an interactive keynote-turned workshop on the 29th of June by Yoke van Dam. The chapter recently moved to a brand-new venue at the Menlyn Piazza which featured sound, lighting, and even a stage.
The audience was a mix of speakers, business owners, recruiters, and many more wanting to learn more about strategic selling.
The speaker kept the audience captivated as she shared lessons from the Michael Jordan and Nike deal in the 80s and accompanied this with video footage from the Trailer of the Air film.
What did the audience think?
“Yoke had a very interesting sense of humour and presented her talk in a way that was easily digestible but very layered and informative!!”Darryl
Your presence is radical and so informative. You truly inspired a shift in my thinking.
Thank you so much for inviting us to your event. We were captivated throughout the talk, really learned some valuable tips that will help me sell myself and my product better.
“Thank you so much for inviting us to your event. We were captivated throughout the talk, really learned some valuable tips that will help me sell myself and my product better.”
“Both me and my husband got different lessons out of it and incurrence both of us to go for what we are worth “
“Thank you for a great event, Yoke van Dam really shared valuable insights.
Here are some of the core takeaways from Yoke’s talk.
- How will we restore our reputation and get more sales when sales are low?
- Do you have evidence of your speaking so that you can be “discovered” by an agent or a client online?
- Others might not buy into your ideas, fight for them.
- There are four different types of buyers. Do you have a strategy for each?
- Economic buyers, the technical buyer, the user, and the coach.
Put yourself in the shoes of your clients. What does the client really want?
Do a competitor analysis
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of your competitor?
- What will make you stand out from them?
Your unique positioning and building the pitch around the client.
When you sell to a client, can you customize your pitch around them?
- Can you align your presentation, message, and delivery to feel like it’s only for them?
- Can you build a prototype or give them a teaser to get a taste of your product or service?
How can you zoosh up your delivery?
- Listen to the audience and know when to pivot.
- Make it sticky, and speak to your client’s emotions.
- Know that there will be “lag” time.
- Sometimes you need to break the rules and set new rules in place.
Thank you to the Pretoria chapter for hosting another great event for PSASA Pretoria.
Follow Yoke van Dam https://www.linkedin.com/in/yokevandam/
Or on YouTube https://youtube.com/c/yokevandam